Thursday, January 20, 2011

To inspire.

I am pretty straight forward. I am sure if you have read back to 2008 then you know that. I have left more than half of me on a gym floor or on the streets of Greenville. I have laid it all out there. The tears, the struggles, the loose skin. The weeks without the scale moving. All of it. You know me. I don't pull punches and I speak my mind.

Lately, I have found a quiet strength. I listen more than I ever have. I listen with my eyes and not just my ears. I am overly perceptive of the way people treat me.

Before people would treat me as if the fat was contagious. I don't recall in 10 years time anyone opening a door for me other than my grandfather or my husband. When you are heavy you tend to take extra care of your appearance. You never want people to think you are fat AND don't care about how you look. Because the makeup and expensive clothes will detract from the morbid obesity, right?

Now here is the problem. No matter how hard I smile at a larger person in the store or say hi they look at me oddly. Like I am no longer in the club. Being strangers, they don't know that I was however a member of the club. I often want to hug them and tell them it will be ok and then spend 6 weeks changing their life. Because trust me. No matter how happy they look. They aren't.

So now my goals are about more than finishing a 210 pound weight loss. I really have the desire to inspire everyone around me.  These people need a weight loss coach that has been there. They need someone that used to sit on their ass and eat loads of ice cream and smuggle cheeseburgers home from McDonald's. The struggle doesn't have to be a lonely one and I think I am finally in a place to share that.

2 comments:

Stephanie Anne said...

Just saw your post on my blog, thanks for following!

190 pounds, that is amazing!! Congrats on your weightloss!!

Ive been struggling to keep on track and I'm hoping once the snow disappears I'll rediscover my motivation.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany.

Came across your blog and wanted to let you know your journey so far has been great reading for me. I started out at 320 pounds and so far have lost 44 pounds so still a very long way to go.

I like your approach to your weight loss as I very much want to be fit, strong and athletic too. Although I am still very large I have started incorporating jogging into my treadmill work and really love it even though I don't always have the best of form (my cats look at me like I'm having an epileptic fit). I wanted to ask, when you were at your heaviest, what did you do to get moving? Sometimes I hear not to jog/run when you're this big. I started out walking (treadmill) but found it unmotivational. Once I included jogging intervals, although it was heaps harder, I enjoyed the experience much more and feel the fittest level increasing. I'm being very careful to include rest days and increase the jogging at small intervals to minimise injuries and get my body used to the workouts.

Anyway, your blog is now in my newsreader so I will look forward to further posts.

Post a Comment