Friday, August 14, 2009

Doctor,Doctor gimme the news................

I have been run down lately. Weak, dizzy, upset stomach, tired ect... I carb loaded and drank 3 power zeros just to get through that triathlon. I avoided the doctor for a while because I honeslty didn't want to hear about it. I figured it's humid, I am working out hard maybe I just need to hydrate more. Not so. My body is jacked up. I have a shit ton of vitamins and suppliments now to get my levels up. I was referred to a chiropractor for my back and was told I have osteoarthritis in my spine along with is being grossly out of place. I now I have 4 appointments within the next week and was told I couldn't run until it was better. I am not such a fan of running anyway but to be told you have the spine of a 60 year old is a little depressing. I was told to avoid my bike for a week to I wasn't in that scrunched position..LOL, I really don't see that happening. A week? I get antsy if I haven't ridden in 2-3 days.
So how did this happen? I have no idea how I screwed my back up, I have been in 8 car accidents and I fell down the steps last year but it has just now really started hurting. The levels are all my fault. 5 months ago I decided to get a bodybugg, I wanted to focus on my calorie deficit because I had hit a plateau on Weight Watchers. I have had a ton of problems with this device. I loved it for the first month and then it seemed like the numbers were off. Sometimes when I would take it off to shower it wouldn't even register being removed. So instead of me counting my WW points and getting in my 8 HG's I started using this bodybugg. So even though I was eating my points (calories) I was also pushing super hard in order to get to the 1000 calorie deficit. Too hard. 2 hours a day work outs. 1 hour at the gym, 1 hour at home and on cycling days anywhere from 1-4 hours. The people at Apex are sending me a new bugg to try.We both agree it wasn't reading properly. I am going to use this to calculate activiy points and not concentrate on that deficit so much. The point system works. I lost over 100 pounds counting points, the rest screwing around with my body. Now I return humbly to what works for me to shed the remainder of the weight. My mindset is already there and the mental hunger has already faded with this choice...it's true, the program works if you work it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment