Monday, August 30, 2010

Metro Cruise 5k Vacation Style

Jeramy had a 9 day vacation. His first in years. We made all sorts of plans for Michigan's Adventure, shopping, parades,a date night, cycling adventures....you get the idea. I promised myself I would not freak out over extra treats or possibly not getting a work out in.

I went on my first 2 mile trail run and my first 20 mile night ride. We walked for hours at Michigan Adventure and I did manage to get in a good weight session. I squeezed in a 3 mile run to get ready for the Metro Cruise 5k.

Food was not so good. We ate out a TON. I made smart choices but couldn't control sodium or cooking oils. We ate at the Melting Pot for our date night, took the kids to a buffet after Michigan's Adventure, ended up eating dinner at 10pm Saturday because of our crazy schedule. Not great choices but I didn't eat any fast food either. Bonus is I did not Gain or Lose a pound overall.

I posted my best 5k time Saturday at the Metro Cruise with a 33:38. I believe the course was .10 short but with the hills we ran it is hard to tell and my Nike+ has been off ever since the software update. I couldn't believe the time as I came across the line. I knew I had been hitting a pretty good pace but I didn't think it would be that good. I am not a speed racer by any means but I am closer to my own personal running goals.

Still 23 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal. Probably 23 weeks until I hit that goal :o) I am in no hurry. I would rather the rest come off slow and stay off forever.  Next stop, Le Tour De Donut!

3 comments:

Cyclin' Missy said...

I'm thinking about convincing my hubby to do the Tour de Donut. How I can I go wrong? He may not love biking, but for donuts...that might get him in the saddle. ;)

Tiffany said...

Missy that would be WONDERFUL. The route is nice with only two good climbs. Who doesn't love donuts and Klackle's has the BEST. Let me know if you convince him and we can meet up before the start.

Unknown said...

Good job on the run! That is impressive!!

Post a Comment