Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Couch to 5k Update...-146 pounds


Week 2 day 1 is under my belt and I seriously didn't die, I think I may have felt like it during the 6th interval but I am still alive.I can only stress so much I AM NOT A RUNNER. In my mind the only reason to run is if I am being chased by something bigger or meaner than me. The pain has pretty much left and I am getting my breathing under control. Well that is if you consider huffing and puffing under control. My pace sucks and during some intervals I find myself doing math problems in my head to stop my mind from talking me out of this pointless endeavor. I envy runners. Just like anything else I am doing this for me, to say I did it and can run a 5k but I would much rather pedal 100 miles than run just 3.
I only lost 1 pound last week but I know why and am sure it will be made up for next week. You see Jeramy raced Le Tour De Mont Pleasant (34.5 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes) and I planned out my food choices for the entire day to fit within my calories/points which included a trip to the pita pit for a gyro on a whole wheat pita. I was expecting a yummy gyro with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber sauce. Blech...what they had was processed presliced meat loaded with crap. I allotted for the calories but not the sodium so within 8 hours I could already feel the extra water. So much so that 4 bottles of H2o did not even warrant a trip to the potty. Ok lesson learned...my body can no longer handle anything processed. On that note it is time to google the poundage again. As you can see from the picture I lost a prize winning 4-H farm animal :o)

4 comments:

Les said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while searching for a couch to 5K program in my area. I live in Greenville, SC and I assume the search engine powers that be thought your blog had enough in common with my search criteria. All of that said, I am inspired by your story. Please tell me, how did you find the motivation-activation switch at the base of your brain? I misplaced my motivation a while back and I am drowning in my own apathy. As a result, I am losing the battle of the bulge.

I hope you don't mind but I would like to follow your blog for my own selfish need of inspiration. A fellow young, 30-something, with poundage to lose, thanks you for sharing your inspirational journey.

Mel said...

Similar to the comment before me, I stumbled across your blog while searching for a couch to 5k program! I started reading and must say that I am very impressed by your story. I don't have much to lose and am more focused in becoming more fit and learning how to lead a healthy lifestyle because I recently found out I have cholesterol problems at 24!!! You are an inspiration!!!

I'm interested in your couch to 5k journey because I just signed up for a 5k in August and am starting to train for it next week. Should be rather interesting considering I can't even run 1/2 a mile at the moment without feeling like I'm going to die! lol Good luck and congrats and your amazing success!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both of you. This has been quite the journey and the couch to 5k plan seems to be working great so far. I still feel like I am going to die but sticking to the program has worked for so many.
It's always nice to hear from people who have struggles with their health and are doing something to take control. We can all do this~Tiffany

Anonymous said...

You should submit your weight loss success story to Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda on the Today show to spotlight on their Joy Fit Club.

I want to impress that a 1 lb weight loss is okay. It is also okay to go a couple of weeks just maintaining.

Congratulations on the new you. Are you going to have surgery to remove the excess skin?

Post a Comment