Friday, January 15, 2010

Black Bean Brownies?


Before we get to this odd but yummy recipe I should probably tell you I have been dropping weight like a fat man at a sweat lodge ever since going back to counting my points. I have changed my workout routine on top of it~~ more reps, heavier weights and hard intervals on cardio days. I added yoga-lates a month or so ago and have been increasing my running speed. So maybe it isn't just the point counting but whatever it is I'll take it. I am thrilled because since August 1st I have only lost 30 pounds but that brings my total loss to around 160. I don't know the exact number because if you remember I had this horrid experience. That leaves me with 33 pounds to lose until my goal.

Now on to the brownies. Don't cringe at the idea. This is a WW thing and they are delish, chewy gooey fudgy so this it what you do:

1 box brownie mix
1 can (15 oz) black beans

Open the can of black beans, rinse well. With beans back in the can, add enough water to cover beans. Put in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, and then bake according to package directions.

You DO NOT add the eggs or oil that the recipe calls for, JUST the black bean puree!

Makes 20 brownies-- 2 Weight Watcher Points each!

1 comments:

Jen Curry-Calnaido said...

I cannot wait to try these!

Post a Comment