Friday, October 1, 2010

5/3rd...What am I thinking?

Fifth Third River Bank Run just opened the application process for Road Warriors. It is a race ambassador position. To inspire others to run and represent the race. I would love to inspire others to run and get healthy. And yet I am terrified they are going to choose me. 25k= 15 miles. That is a lot of miles. Here is the letter I sent:

"I always joked that if you saw me running it was only because something was chasing me. I never thought I would be a runner. I never imagined I would get a high off of hitting a new distance or beating my previous time. I never thought this was possible because just 2 years ago I as 200 pounds over weight. I was a 29 year old wife and mother of 3 girls and I could not walk up my stairs without getting winded. I was depressed and unhealthy. One day I woke up and decided to change my life. I started off on an elliptical and slowly began jogging in 10 second intervals. It was so hard. Everything hurt, I cried over what I had done to my body. As the weight started to come off I felt better, my confidence soared and I signed up for my first 5k. That 5k changed my life. That race made me a runner. I am not fast and it is not pretty but I am a runner. Now I am 187 pounds lighter and I encourage everyone to run. I truly believe the mental strength it takes to run long distances enhances all aspects of your life. Currently I am running 10k distance but I know I have the determination to run 25k. Running saved my life and I would love to represent the 5/3rd River Bank Run an inspire others to run."
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment